Events Happened in January:
- Jan 7th - Sheikh Hasina wins the general election in Bangladesh.
- Jan 12th - 71st Golden Globe Awards to 12 Years a Slave and American Hustle wim
- Jan 26th - 56th Grammy Awards: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, and Daft Punk win.
- Jan 26th - Stanislas Wawrinka defeats Rafael Nadal to win the Australian Tennis Open.
- Jan 29th - Bohuslav Sobotka becomes Prime Minister of the Czech Republic. Scotland.
- Jan 31th - Mahatma Gandhi’s grand daughter, Ms. Ela Gandhi honored with the Prestigious South African Award, ‘Amadelakupha’ by the South African Government.
Events Happened in February:
- Feb 9th - Switzerland votes to return immigration quotas.
- Feb 16th - 67th British Academy Film Awards: 12 Years a Slave, Chiwetel Ejiofor, & Cate Blanchett win.
- Feb 18th - 2014 Ukrainian Revolution begins.
- Feb 21st - US President Barack Obama meets with the Dalai Lama.
- Feb 24th - Pope Francis creates a second Secretariat with the power to audit any Vatican agency at any time
- Feb 25th - 50 students are killed in a Boko Harem attack on a college in Buni, Nigeria.
Events Happened in March:
- Mar 1st - US President warns Russian President Putin over involvement in Ukraine
- Mar 2nd - 86th Academy Awards: "12 Years a Slave," Matthew McConaughey & Cate Blanchett win
- Mar 2nd - President Putin receives unanimous approval from Russia's parliament to send troops to the Ukraine
- Mar 4th - US President Obama announces 2015 budget
- Mar 27th - UN General Assembly condemns Russia's annexation of Crimea.
- Mar 28th - Russia increases the price of gas to the Ukraine by 80%.
- Mar 29th - Andrej Kiska is elected President of Slovakia
Events Happened in April:
- Apr 1st - NATO suspends all practical civilian and military cooperation with Russia
- Apr 3rd - Marie Louise Coleiro Preca is elected President of Malta
- Apr 4th - President of the World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, claims that climate change will lead to battles over water and food within the next five to ten years
- Apr 6th - Viktor Orbán's Fidesz is re-elected Prime Minister of Hungary.
- Apr 13th - Kenyan Wilson Kipsang wins the London Marathon.
- Apr 30th - Masked gunmen and pro-Russian separatists take control of more buildings in eastern Ukraine.
Events Happened in May:
- May 1st - Hundreds march through Nigerian capital calling for the release of schoolgirls abducted by militants, Boko Haram, who oppose Western education.
- May 4th - Juan Carlos Varela is elected President of Panama.
- May 10th - The African National Congress wins the 2014 South African General Election.
- May 17th - Nationalist Party, the BJP, wins landslide election victory in India.
- May 18th - Adam Scott overtakes Tiger Woods as the No. 1 ranked golfer in the world
- May 18th - Swiss voters reject a $25 per hour minimum wage.
- May 26th - Narendra Modi becomes Prime Minister of India.
- May 26th - The World Health Organization (WHO) confirms that Ebola has reached Sierra Leone.
- May 27th - The director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Christine Lagarde calls for "tougher regulation and tighter supervision" of banking sector.
- May 28th - Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is elected President of Egypt.
- May 31st - Psy's "Gangnam Style" becomes the first video to reach 2 billion views on YouTube
Events Happened in June:
- Jun 1st - Kolkata Knight Riders win the Indian Premier League cricket championship.
- Jun 3rd - Hashim Amla becomes the first non-white captain of the South African national cricket team
- Jun 8th - Peng Shuai of China and Hsieh Su-wei win the women's tennis doubles at the French Open
- Jun 8th - Peng Shuai of China and Hsieh Su-wei win the women's tennis doubles at the French Open
- Jun 8th - Rafael Nadal wins his ninth French Open title.
- Jun 14th - Alexander Stubb becomes Prime Minister of Finland
- Jun 15th - Juan Manuel Santos is reelected President of Columbia
- Jun 15th - Martin Kaymer wins the 2014 US Golf Open.
- Jun 23rd - Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz is re-elected President of Mauritania
- Jun 25th - Luis Suárez is charged with biting at the 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Jun 25th - The US Supreme Court rules that police cannot examine the digital contents of a cell phone without a court order
Events Happened in July:
- Jul 1st - Martin Schulz is re-elected President of the European Parliament
- Jul 1st - The US Supreme Court rules that family-owned corporations can reject provision in 'Obamacare' on religious grounds
- Jul 2nd - Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy is criminally charged with corruption by French prosecutors.
- Jul 3rd - Germany passes first nation-wide minimum wage law – at 8.5 euros
- Jul 4th - Rolf Harris is sentenced to 5 years and 9 months for indecently assaulting female minors
- Jul 6th - Israeli Air Force strike kills 7 Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip
- Jul 7th - Israel launches a "counter-terroristoperation" dubbed Operation Protective Edge against Hamas in the West Bank
- Jul 8th - Germany defeat Brazil by a record 7-1 to make it to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Final
- Jul 8th - Miroslav Klose breaks the World Cup goal scoring record with 16 goals
- Jul 8th - Israeli PM Binjamin Netanyahu instructs his defence forces to "take theirgloves off" against Hamas and to take any means necessary to "restore peace" to Israeli citizens
- Jul 9th - Joko Widodo is elected president of Indonesia.
- Jul 13th - 2014 FIFA World Cup: Lionel Messi (golden ball), James Rodriguez (golden boot); Manuel Neuer (Golden gloves) win
- Jul 14th - The Church of England votes in favor of allowing women to become bishops.
- Jul 16th - Bashar Assad is sworn in for a third term as President of Syria
- Jul 17th - 5 hour humanitarian ceasefire, proposed by the UN, takes place between Israel and Hamas.
- Jul 20th - Patrick Sawyer arrives in city of Lagos in Nigeria and collapses; he dies of Ebola five days later
- Jul 23rd - 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow holds its opening ceremony
- Jul 23rd - 44 people are killed after TransAsia Airways Flight 222 crashed into buildings in Taiwan
- Jul 24th - 116 people are killed after Air Algérie Flight 5017 crashed in Mali
- Jul 24th - Fuad Masum is elected as the President of Iraq
- Jul 24th - Reuven Rivlin is sworn in as the President of Israel
Events Happened in August:
- Jul 29th - France contributes 8 million Euros in aid to Gaza.
- Aug 12th - Ebola outbreak death toll exceeds 1000
- Aug 12th - World Health Organization (WHO) gives its 'cautious blessing' to the use of experimental drugs to treat the Ebola virus.
- Aug 20th - Globally acclaimed yoga exponent B.K.S. Iyengar (95) passed away in Pune.
- Aug 29th - Noted filmmaker and Poet, Muzaffar Ali (69), has been conferred 22nd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
- Aug 20th - 16-year old Max Verstappen is set to create history by becoming the youngest ever Formula One (F1) driver next season after Toro Rosso announced that the youngster will replace Jean-Éric Vergne.
- Aug 25th - Thailand’s military’s top official, General Prayuth Chan-ocha (60), has been named the new Prime Minister of the country.
- Aug 27th - Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) has become the first Indian to become the ambassador of the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
- Aug 28th - Recep Tayyip Erdogan was sworn in as 12th President of Turkey. He was sworn-in a ceremony held at Parliament of Turkey in Ankarra.
- Aug 29th- Oscar organizers declared that they will give a esteemed humanitarian award to US actor-producer-singer Harry Belafonte, whose efforts as an activist has assisted throw light on racism and discrimination.
- Aug 29th. - Senegal is 5th country hit by Ebola.
Events Happened in September:
- Aug 30th- On August 30, 2014, email turned 32 years. The method of message transfer was invented by Indian American V.A.Shiva Ayyadurai when he was just 14 years.
- Sep 7th - Serena Williams wins her third straight US Open women's tennis singles
- Sep 7th - Bob and Mike Bryan win their fifth US Open men's tennis doubles
- Sep 8th - Marin Čilić wins the US Open men's tennis singles
- Sep 11th - South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is found not guilty of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp (and is later found guilty of culpable homicide)
- Sep 14th - The United States defeats Serbia 129-92 to win the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup
- Sep 15th - US President Obama will send 3000 troops to help combat spread of the Ebola virus, it is announced today
- Sep 17th - Voreqe Bainimarama's Fiji First Party wins the first Fijian elections since his coup in 2006
- Sep 18th - Scotland votes 'NO' in a referendum deciding whether or not to stay with the United Kingdom
- Sep 18th - Emma Watson delivers an address to a standing ovation at UN Headquarters in New York City, helping launch the UN Women campaign HeForShe, which calls for men to advocate for gender equality.
- Sep 22nd - NASA's MAVEN space probe successfully arrives in orbit over Mars
- Sep 23rd - Grammy Award winning rapper Eve (35) weds entrepreneur Maximillion Cooper at Cala Jondal Beach in Ibiza, Spain
- Sep29th- In his address to the UNGA,Indian Prime Minister Modi called for celebration of International Yoga Day on 21 June every year.
Events Happened October:
- Oct 7th - Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano and Shuji Nakamura win the 2014 Nobel Prize in Physics for inventing blue light emitting diodes
- Oct 8th - Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell and William Moerner win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy
- Oct 9th - Patrick Modiano wins the 2014 Nobel Prize in Literature
- Oct 9th - Gatwick and Heathrow airports in UK and JFK airport in US enhance screening for Ebola virus
- Oct 10th-Malala Yousafzai & Kailash Satyarthi win the 2014 Nobel Peace PrizeHuman Rights Activist Malala Yousafzai.
- Oct 12th - Evo Morales is re-elected President of Bolivia
- Oct 14th - Richard Flanagan's novel The Narrow Road to the Deep North wins the 2014 Man Booker Prize
- Oct 21st - Oscar Pistorius is sentenced to five years in prison for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
- Oct 21st - San Francisco Giants win game one of the 2014 World Series
Events Happened in November:
- Oct 26th - Dilma Rousseff is re-elected President of Brazil
- Nov 3rd - One World Trade Center officially opens 13 years after the September 11 attacks
- Nov 15th - World leaders gather in Brisbane for G20 Summit, which will focus on economic growth
- Nov 18th - Jamaica win the 2014 Caribbean Cup in football
- Nov 23rd - Lewis Hamilton wins the 2014 Formula One world title
- Nov 23rd - Switzerland wins the Davis Cup for the first time
- Nov 27th - Stephanie Gilmore wins her 6th women's world surfing title
- Nov 27th - Cricketer Phillip Hughes dies two days after being struck on the head by a bouncer.
Events Happened in December:
- Nov 30th - Australia experiences its hottest spring and second-hottest November recorded
- Dec 2nd - Stephen Hawking claims that Artificial Intelligence could be a "threat to mankind" and spell the end of the human race.
- Dec 6th - NASA’s Orion capsule blasted off on its first journey into orbit, from Kennedy Space Centre off Florida coast.
- Dec 11th - CIA Director John Brennan defends interrogation methods used after 9/11 but admits some methods were "abhorrent"
- Dec 12th - UN climate change talks in Peru continue past scheduled time as negotiations continue to stall.
- Dec 19th - The Guardian newspaper calls 2014 'The year the people stood up'
- Dec 31th- The UN Security Council has failed to adopt a Palestinian statehood resolution that set a deadline for the withdrawal of Israeli forces from Palestinian territories by 2017.
Our blog team always been very sincere while adding any post to avoid any error in the post, however if any of the our reader get any error in the information kindly inform us to make this post more useful.Any comments or suggestion from the viewers side would always be welcome by our blog team.