Indian Railways is an Indian state owned enterprise, operated by government of India. It has a separate ministry in GOI(Govt. of India). Indian Railways has one of the largest rail network in the world having total track length of 115000 km.
First railway in India was introduced in the year 1853 between Mumbai to Thane.
Indian Railways is the world's seventh largest commercial or utility employer, by number of employees, with over 1.307 million employees.
Recently railways has conducted a exam to recruit section engineer of different engineering branches.As it conducted the exam by a common paper to all the engineering branches. Here is the questions asked by Indian Railways Section Engineer Exam conducted on 22nd Dec 2014.
- A room is 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high .Find the longest possible rod ----13m
- The speeds of three trains are in the ratio 3;4;5. The ratio between the time taken by them to travel a fixed distance------5:4:3
- A three carbon chain with a double bond is called propene and if it has a triple bond , it would be called------------propyne
- For a perfect gas V/T=const, is called-------Charles's Law
- Methane gas-------Is a Greenhouse Gas
- Temperature , resistance relation-----Rt=R0(1+at)
- As per Indian census 2011, the sex ratio is----------940
- The ratio of peak value of modulating signal to carrier wave is known as--Modulating Index
- A byte represents a group of -------8bits
- The flame temperature of oxy-acetylene is------2600-3000 C
- If the arithmtic mean of 25,27,31,35,39 and x is 38, find x--------71
- In which month kharif crop is sown ------June-July
- Which of the following countries is not in Asia----- Tunisia
- A web page is a web doc. on the www,usually in -------HTML
- Which of the following states do not share boundary with Nepal----Himachal Pradesh
- In the 17th Asian Games held in the year 2014,total no of medals won by India was----57
- 'poise' is a unit of---------Viscosity
- Tulsidas was a contemporary of ------Akber
- First Indian to win an individual Olympic Gold-----Abhinav Bindra
- First five year plan------1951-56
- A question on screw gauge readings--- --0.052cm
- In a P-type semiconductors, conduction of electricity is due to ------Motion of holes
- Which of the following is not true about MicroSoft Windows-----Windows is written in FORTRAN Language
- The first woman judge of supreme court of India-----M.Fathima Beevi
- 'Wings Of Fire'is a book written by-------Dr. A P K Kalam
- What is the capital of Mizoram------Aizawl
- Cranial nerves emerges from----Brain
- Who do not related to 1857 revolt-----Gopal Krishan Gokhle
- Banks in India are required to hold certain amount with RBI, is called-----Cash Reserve ratio
- Universal LogicGate------ NOR
- Term of office of a member of Rajya Sabha---6years
- P-N junction diode is equivalent to -----Capacitor
- By operating at higher freq. transformer can be------Physically More Compact
- Working principle of a thermocouple is-------Thermo-electric effect
- Areawise India is 7th largest country in the world.
- Which city is famous for iron and steel industry-----Bokaro
- Paradip Port of India mainly handles-----Iron ores & Coal
- The Xylem in the plants are responsible for -----Transport of Water
- Half wave rectifier requires Three Diodes in a three phase supply
- A computer virus is a -----Computer Program
- A silicon crystal doped with INDIUM results in n-type seiconductor.
- A jn diode formed from a metal-semiconductor junction rather than a p-n junction---Schottky Diode
- Two sound waves of equal magnitude but slightly different frequency, produces a beat of frequency - - - |f1-f2|
CONSIDERABLE CARE HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO ENSURE ANSWERS ERROR FREE AND EFFECTIVE AS POSSIBLE. WE WELCOME COMMENTS,SUGGESTIONS AND CORRECTIONS.