1. Silicon and Germanium are commonly used materials to make - Transistors.
2. Saponification involves the hydrolysis of fats and oils by - Caustic acid
3. Reaction of alcohol, with carboxylic acid is known as – Esterification
4. Radium is obtained from - Pitchblende.
5. PVC is obtained by the polymerisation of - Vinyl Chloride
6. Probability of getting head in a throw of a coin - ½
7. Potassium nitrate is used in - Fertilizer Industry.
8. Polythene is industrially prepared by the polymerization of – Ethylene
9. Pollution of water bodies by which element causes Minamata disease – Mercury
10. Photosynthesis is - An endothermic process
11. Persons sitting in an artificial satellite of the earth have - Zero weight
12. Permanent hardness of water can be removed by adding - Washing Soda
13. Peat coal is the type of coal having - The Highest Amount of Plant Material.
14. Oxygen along with the acetylene gas is used in the - Welding Industry.
15. Nowadays, to reduce air pollution, the buses in Delhi are running on - Compressed Natural Gas
16. Nitrogen Oxide is also known as - Laughing Gas.
17. The disease " bronchitis " is associated with – Lungs
18. The device used for detecting even feeble current – Galvanoscope
19. The chemical used as a fixer in photography is - Sodium Thiosulphate