54. A change of state directly from solid to gas without changing into liquid state is called –Sublimation
55. Water at 273 K is less effective in cooling than ice at the same temperature. It is because --water at 273 K has more energy than ice at the same temperature
56. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) The rate of evaporation depends on temperature
(b) The rate of evaporation does not depend on surface area exposed to the atmosphere but on volume of the liquid
(c) The rate of evaporation depends on humidity of the surroundings
(d) The rate of evaporation depends on the wind speed
57. Which one of the following is not a colloid?
(d) Boric acid
58. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
List I List II
A. Carbon 1. Treatment of goiter
B. Cobalt 2. Calculation of age of the earth
C. Iodine 3. Treatment of cancer
D. Uranium 4. Fuel in nuclear reactors
(a) 2 3 1 4
57. Which of the following statements are correct?
1. Kolkata port is the only riverine major port of India
2. The port of Cochin is located on the Willington Island
3. Maharashtra has three major ports
4. Mundra port is India’s major port in private sector
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1and 2 only
(b) 3 and 4 only
(c) 2, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2 and 4
58. During 2014-2015, in which one of the following industrial sectors, the FDI equity inflow
was maximum? --Services (Financial, Banking and Insurance, Non-Financial/ Business R&D etc.)
59. Which one of the following is not industrial corridor as per the policy initiatives?
(a) Amritsar - Kolkata
(b) Delhi - Mumbai
(c) Kolkata – Guwahati
(d) Chennai - Bengaluru
Answers to the remaining questions asked in UPSC CAPF exams are under evaluation and same will be published here soon. Keep watching this space.
Do write us if you feed any discrepancy in the answers.