60. Which one of the following states has the maximum number of registered E-Waste recyclers/ dismantlers? –Karnataka
61. Arrange the following substances in their order of increasing hardness:
62. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) Bleaching powder is prepared by the action of Chlorine on dry slaked lime [Ca(OH)2]
(b) Bleaching powder acts as a reducing agent in many chemical industries
(c) Bleaching powder is also known as chlorinated lime
(d) Bleaching powder is used for disinfecting drinking water
63. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) Graphite is a non-metal
(b) Graphite is an allotrope of carbon
(c) Graphite is a conductor of electricity
(d) Graphite has a tetrahedral structure
64. Consider the following physical quantities: Energy , power, pressure, impulse, temperature, gravitational potential
Which of the above is / are the vector quantity / quantities ?
(a) Impulse only
(b) Impulse and pressure only
(c) Impulse , temperature and pressure
(d) Gravitational potential
65. A piece of stone tied to a string is made to revolve in a circular orbit of radius r with other
end of the string as the centre. If the string breaks, the stone will:
(a) move away from the centre
(b) move towards the centre
(c) move along a tangent
66. Which one of the following statements is not true?
(a) The gravitational force of earth acting on a body of mass 1 kg is 9.8 newton
(b) The force acting on an object of mass 5 kg moving with a uniform velocity of 10 m/s on a
frictionless surface is zero
(c) The SI unit of weight is kg
(d) The momentum of a man having mass 100 kg walking with a uniform velocity of 2 m/s is
200 newton second
67. Which one of the following statements is correct?
(a) Acceleration due to gravity decreases with the increase of altitude
(b) Acceleration due to gravity increases with the increase of depth [assuming earth to be a
sphere of uniform density]
(c) Acceleration due to gravity decreases with the increase of latitude
(d) Acceleration due to gravity is independent of the mass of the Earth
68. A Barometer kept in an elevator reads 760 mm when the elevator is at rest. When the
elevator moves in the upward direction with increasing speed, the reading of the Barometer will
(a) 760 mm
(b) < 760 mm
(c) > 760 mm
69. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) The earth’s magnetic field is due to the motion of metals like iron and nickel in the core of
(b) The magnetic field lines of force are widely separated near the poles of a magnet but these
lines come closer to one another at other places
(c) If the cross sectional area of a magnetic field increases, but the flux remains the same, the
flux density decreases
(d) When the speed of a conductor moving through a magnetic field is increases, the included
Do write us if you feed any discrepancy in the answers.