UPSC CAPF Exam 2016 Answer Key
90. Which one of the following statements regarding Human Rights is not correct?
(a) Human Rights derive their inspiration from moral principles
(b) They are applicable subject to their adoption by States
(c) The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights was adopted by the United Nations
in the year 1948
(d) The universalism of Human Rights is challenged by the cultural relativists
91. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of the Permanent Settlement?
(a) The Permanent Settlement vested landownership right in the Zamindar
(b) The Permanent Settlement continued to pay attention to the customary occupancy rights of
(c) The burden of the high revenue assessment was shifted to the peasants under the Permanent
(d) The condition of the actual cultivators of the land declined under Permanent Settlement
92. Which of the following is / are characteristic(s) of the Ryotwari system?
1. It was the brainchild of Thomas Munro
2. It was meant to reduce intermediaries
3. Cultivating peasants were gradually impoverished by the system
4. It was introduced in parts of Madras and Bengal Presidency
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 only
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 2 and 4 only
(d) 2 , 3 and 4
93. Who among the following founded the Atmiya Sabha in 1815 ?
(a) Keshab Chandra Sen
(b) Debendranath Tagore
(c) Ram Mohan Roy
(d) Bijoy Krishna Goswami
94. Consider the following statements about the Santhal Hool of 1855-56:
1. The Santhals were in a desperate situation as tribal lands were leased out
2. The Santhal rebels were treated very leniently by British officials
3. Santhal inhabited areas eventually constituted into separate administrative units called Santhal
4. The Santhal rebellion was the only major rebellion in mid 19th century India
Which of the statements given above is / are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 1 and 3 only
95. Which of the following statements above Subdar Major Fateh Singh is / are correct?
1. He was a big bore rifle shooter who won two gold metals during first Common wealth
2. He retired from Bihar regiment before joining Defence Service Corps
3. He was killed during the terror attack at Pathankot Air Force Base
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1 , 2 and 3
96. Which one among the following is the oldest Regiment of Indian Army ?
(a) Sikh Regiment
(b) Kumaon Regiment
(c) Punjab Regiment
(d) Madras Regiment
97. Which one of the following cities have been identified as the best habitable cities in 18th
Mercer Quality of Life Study?
98. Which one of the following States won the 61st National School Athletics Championship in
the year 2016?
99. In February 2016, which one of the following countries has rejected the plea of the
incumbent President through a referendum to contest the Presidential election for the third term?
Answers to the remaining questions asked in UPSC CAPF exams are under evaluation and same will be published here soon. Keep watching this space.
Do write us if you feed any discrepancy in the answers.