2016 Solved Paper Civil Services Exam Paper-2
31. In a class, there are 1 very tall boys. If these constitute three fourths of the boys and the total number of boys is two thirds of the total number of students in the class, what is the number of girls in the class?
Answer (b) 12
32. Consider the following statements:
1. Either A and B are of the same age or A is older than B
2. Either C and D are of the same age or D is older than C
3. B is older than C
Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above statements?
(a) A is older than B
(b) B and D are of the same age
(c) D is older than C
(d) A is older than C
Answer (d) A is older than C
33. The monthly average salary paid to all the employees of a company was Rs. 5000. The monthly average salary paid to male and female employees was Rs. 5200 and Rs. 4200 respectively. Then the percentage of males employed in the company is
Answer (c) 5%
Direction for the following 3 (three) items: Consider the given formation and answer the three items that follow.
Six boxes A, B, C, D, E and F have been painted with six different colours viz., violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow and orange and arranged from left to right (not necessarily either kept or painted with the colours in the same order). Each box contains a ball of any one of the following six games: cricket, hockey, tennis, golf, football and volleyball (not necessarily in the same order). The golf ball is in violet box and is not in the box D. The box A which contains tennis ball is orange in colour and is at the extreme right. The hockey ball is neither in box D nor in box E. The box C having cricket ball is painted green. The hockey ball is neither in the box painted blue nor in the box painted yellow. The box C is fifth from right and next to box B. The box B contains volleyball. The box containing the hockey ball is between the boxes containing golf ball and volleyball.
34. Which one of the following boxes contains the golf ball?
(d) None of the above
Answer (b) E
35. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
(a) D is painted yellow
(b) F is painted indigo
(c) B is painted blue
(d) All of the above
Answer (b) F is painted indigo
36. The football is in the box of which colour?
(c) Cannot be determined as data are inadequate
Answer (c) Cannot be determined as data are inadequate
37. Two numbers and Y are respectively 20% and 2% less than a third number . By what percentage is the number Y less than the number ?
Answer (b) 10%
38. A daily train is to be introduced between station A and station B starting from each at 6 AM and the journey is to be completed in 42 hours. What is the number of trains needed in order to maintain the Shuttle Service?
Answer (a) 2
39. A piece of tin is in the form of a rectangle having length 12 cm and width cm. This is used to construct a closed cube. The side of the cube is:
(a) 2 cm
(b) 3 cm
(c) 4 cm
(d) 7 cm
Answer (c) 4 cm
40. In a. question paper there are five questions to be attempted and answer to each question has two choices True (T) or False (F). It is given that no two candidates have given the answers to the five questions in an identical sequence. For this to happen the maximum number of candidates is:
Disclaimer: GkPlanet has taken due care in making answers. GkPlanet does not owes any responsibility for any typing errors, misprinting, variation in answers due to data insufficiency. In case you find any discrepancy in answer/s, then kindly post it in comment box.